Monday, August 2, 2010

Neuf Têtes - { Nine Heads }



To market, to market to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again rig-a-jig-jig. In with that market hopping piggy toss in a surprise welcome home party for a dear friend, a sprinkling of sewing cupboard sorting out, a good dash of retaining wall ripping down and rebuilding and a generous dollop of cup of tea-ing. Such was the last few days in this wee household.


Not since my uni days have I gallivanted quite so much in one weekend. BrisStyle Twighlight markets on a balmy winter Friday night (oxymoron I know!), Saturday at the Red Hill Fair selling up a storm and making a HUGE mental note to self to buy a decent portable stool. I had to shoo a rogue child away who mistook my footsies for the giant helium balloons being paraded about. Mon dieu!!


There was also a spot of frantic (and yes, completely unnecessary) sewing to complete a little ensemble for the welcome home soirée. I dug a gorgeous metallic linen out of my fabric mound (bought for an absolute pittance!) and kind of made it up as I went. Weeeeee!!!

I ended up with a little a-line dress with a material flower (my father said "dead looking"....I say organic and fabulous dahling!!!). I coupled it with my absolute favourite bottoms...sass and bide black rats, a black skivvy, a pair of over the knee Sportsgirl leather boots and an embellished leather cuff from Witchery.


And now to be even more of a stop out...I'm heading out tonight to meet a lovely girlfriend for dessert after our poppets are snuggled up in bed. I've had a blast but I'm exhausted. Nothing a crême brulée or two can't put to rights. Bon Appetit!!!


6 comments:

Seaside Siblings said...

Love the boots. Hope you have a great night out tonight with the girlfriends- fun times.

Pam said...

Sounds like such a grand time Steph! Terribly envious I am. Forgot all about the twilight market and if I'd realised you were doing the Red HIll Fair, I'd have made the effort to come out to meet and greet! Next time perhaps. Obviously I haven't been keeping up with your posts properly! :))
Your outfit looks positively fab! Love it. The linen especially is wonderful. Have a great week. x

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

What a gorgeous tunic!! I love it and what you paired it with!! Those boots are divine and I wished you had of snapped a pic of yourself decked out in such a stunning outfit!! Can't wait to hear all your marketing adventures, but for now sweet Steph, put your lippy on and head out for a well deserved girls night out...mhaw xx

Heidi said...

What a head turner you will be and having a wonderful night with the girls and sweets it sounds Perfect!!

Rosalind said...

oh love your top! nice work.

Sandrine said...

J'aime beaucoup la tunique!!Amuses toi bien!The Red hill fair was just enough for going on "recovery mode" for a week pour moi!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...