Sunday, August 8, 2010

Neuf Têtes - { Nine Heads }


Oh the joy of finding a vintage treasure tucked away in your wardrobe! Long covered over by everyday essentials (read: boring with a capital b!) such a gem hides in anticipation waiting for its day in the sun.

And yesterday was my old friend's time to shine again. Flitting about in a "we're running late!" for brekkie reservations panic (yes, one has to reserve a table when a petit poppet is added to the equation). Freezing my little pa-tooty off in nought but my under garments I flicked through black, grey, black, grey...and then...♪ a little ray of sunshine..came into the world ♪.


Re purposed from a GIGANTIC vintage caftan I thrifted many moons ago, this little folky smock is one of my faves. Add a vintage tooled leather belt...."coming, Honey!", some black leggings and a skivvy and some slouchy tan boots from Scooter...."I know we're late...will be out in a jiffy"... and pull crazy hair into even crazier bun like concoction et voila! Eggs Benedict, I can taste you!!!

Note: 9 Heads is a method of drawing fashion figures using the head as a measurement.


8 comments:

Kylie said...

:) Coming oce you have taken a few picture:) Love it Steph - it looks great on you:)

Katie@ Grow. Cook. Sew. said...

Beautiful top Steph! I love it when you find something in your wardrobe that you have not worn for ages and it almost feels like new again..

melissa said...

Its gorgeous Steph , youve done a great job of refashioning! Have a fantastic week!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Darling Steph, you're totally rocking that kaftan refashion!! Oh i love it!! I'm trying to design a billowing patchwork blouse in reds, which i've seen on a model in a Marie Claire cook book, who cares what she just 'baked' the red patchwork screams trans-seasonal fashion!!
Oh love love, love Posie
PS please re-email me your address to my new laptop so i can post off your blog prize + a little something something from France for your Petit Poppet!!

Heidi said...

Repurposed indeed, that is so adorable on you what else might you have hidden?

moose and bird said...

Beautiful Steph! I'm a bit like you when I go through my wardrobe. Black, grey, black, grey, black, white, grey!!! I've been trying to mix it up with a little bit of colour lately. x

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

where have I been the last few days and how did i miss this post? argh! Well, glad to be here and see this wonderful spring fashion (and a bit more of your gorgeous self!) Oh how I could go for eggs Benedict right now (and its 10pm!) I hope you had a smashing breaky wearing that beautiful outfit - is that an amber ring i spot...hmmm looking very similar to one in my jewellery box - Have an awesome week Steph! bxx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, and you stopped to photograph it too! Looks gorgeous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...