Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Préférés d'Enfance - { Childhood Favourites }


After one too many disappointing trips home from the supermarket bikkie aisle I have decided to embark on a quest. My mission, should I succeed, is to re-create all those childhood favourites that my Mumma Bear filled the old Tupperware bikkie barrel with.



In a Charlie and the Chocolate factory type haze, my head is whirling with Iced Vo-Vos, Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits, Fruit Pillows, Honey Jumbles. And then in the cream variety (a whole new land of delight!) the gorgeous Kingston says hello, as well as Monte Carlos, Orange Creams (I was never a huge fan but hubby loves them...come to think of it, he loves those Lemon Crisps! Yes those loony ones with the sweet and salty thing going on...non, merçi!)



Today saw some crunchy Monte Carlos emerge from my oven. Sandwiched with lashings of icing and raspberry jam these little coconutty morsels won't last too long around here. Needless to say, I have strongly rebelled against my Papa Bear's rule of two plain bikkies with a cup of tea or one cream one. Just cause I want to rock the boat I'm off for a soothing cuppa and a Monte Carlo or three. Oooh the defiance!!

15 comments:

Cat said...

Délicieux Steph! I love Monte Carlos and all the above, even the lemon crisp bickies. Enjoy your tea with a bickie or three.:)

Katie@ Grow. Cook. Sew. said...

This is perfect timing.. my baby is sleeping and I just sat down to catch up on emails with a cup of tea.. but could not find anything sweet to eat with it, so I settled for jam (that I just made) on toast.. boo hoo!
Im very jealous.. recipe please?

Little Eve said...

Sounds and looks like a fun mission. Love a good biscuit with a cup of tea! I even like the loony ones too but think I'd prefer what you have on offer here today. Yum!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love those!!!They look so yummy!!!

Enjoy and have a lovely day!

Heidi said...

Steph those look so Yummy, defiance indeed!!

Kylie said...

yumm - they look great.

Jennie said...

what a great idea to recreate some classics! these look so yummy!!!x

quilary said...

When I was about 11 or 12 I started making these for my brothers and sister. I use the recipe from my Mum's Country Womens Association cookbook. Oh the memories you have dredged up with this post!

Seaside Siblings said...

That so makes me wish I could bake- sadly I just seem to burn.

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

monte carlos were always my absolute favorite! what a delicious quest you are embarking upon!

kit and nancy. said...

they look amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! so impressive and so yummy! happy eating.

Bellgirl said...

Yum! They look much nicer than the supermarket Monte Carlos _I_ remember! Bon Appetit ;)

Kathy said...

Yum, they look so scrummy, what time did you say morning tea was? Have a great weekend with your beautiful family, Steph.
Kathy

Chicken Willow said...

Yum, these look delicious! Steph, I tried to send you a couple of emails, but didn't hear back from you. You won a giveaway on my blog! xx

Tina said...

Ooooh they look very yummy... did you use your gorgeous pink kitchen aid (very jealous!!).
I love baking at my place and I think if I keep whispering "kitchen aid" in my hubby's ear whilst he sleeps, I may have one for my birthday in a couple of months time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...