Monday, September 10, 2012

Clothtopus

 







I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been
In his octopus's garden in the shade
I'd ask my friends to come and see
In an octopus's garden with me
I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden in the shade

We would be warm below the storm
In our little hideaway beneath the waves
Resting our head on the sea bed
In an octopus's garden near a cave
We would sing and dance around
because we know we can't be found
I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden in the shade

We would shout and swim about
The coral that lies beneath the waves
Oh what joy for every girl and boy
Knowing they're happy and they're safe
We would be so happy you and me
No one there to tell us what to do
I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden with you
in an octopus's garden with you
in an octopus's garden with you
Ringo Starr

This song is pure joy! An innocent melody I have sung to my babes for as long as they've been here. My mind paints a whimsical  picture every time I sing the words and I just wanted you to sing it for yourself. It'll make you smile.

Muted blues and dirty greens. Linen and cotton, new and old.  Such a simple play mate for a little sea loving friend. And a bright, bright orange grin. Love.

 Mr. Clothtopus pattern from here. (I want to make one of everything out this quirky book)

P.S. You simply must go and have a look at the awesome giveaway over at beautiful Che and Fidel.

2 comments:

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

he is just divine! You clever girl you...no doubt it will be loved, cherished and played with for hours on end! happy sewing my dear xx

Sarah said...

and oh how we love him ... so lucky we are! thinking of you dear friend x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...