Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mon Espace Créateur - { My Creative Space }

Our household is similar to a doctor's waiting room at present. We have all contracted a dreaded seasonal lurgy and are shuffling around in a mucus filled daze! Even Pippi, Bijou's best buddy, is in some serious need of medical attention. Pippi is a little doll I lovingly made for poppet. In fact, she might just be the first "crafty" project I did as a new Mumma. She has been loved very hard and alas I'm afraid she bears a few battle scars from her and poppet's love affair.



I've tried to dress the old girl up in her debut photo shoot by propping her against a pretty venetian mirror but it's quite apparent from her vacant stare (my first ever attempt at satin stitch!) that she has seen her share of late nights. Her hair is in desperate need of a good cut and colour, some new threads are seriously in order and let's just say that a humble cleanse, tone and moisturise ain't gonna make this lady gleam. Hold on, is this Pippi I'm talking about here?



After a warning from a wise friend about the dangers of a unique, can't be replaced, one of a kind, crying all through the night cause she's been left on a train kind of special toy I began my hunt for the same Riley Blake fabric that I first used to bring Pippi to life. I may even clone a few Pippis and hide them way back in the cupboard should such an occasion arise. I'll pass off her new attire, coiffed new do and model perfect skin by saying she's spent time at a day spa followed by lunch and a spot of shopping. Fingers crossed I'll get left on a train and the same fate should befall me!

What's that Pippi? Stop typing about your makeover and get on with it. The cheek! Pippi when you resemble Daryl Braithwaite in his Sherbet days after you've blowdried and straightened your hair like I do... we'll talk.

For other far more creative, less whiny and germ ridden creative spaces please pop over to Kirsty's lovely blog. See, I even typed my link at Kirsty's in wrong. Steoh needs a lie down!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh honey I hope you are feeling better very soon! I understand entirely, my day was not the best on record. I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely comments and messages, they always make my day! You are just so sweet!
Sophie x

marian said...

wow Pippi's a real cutie and i can see why she's a favourite with your sweet little Poppet. i don't envy your task of cloning her..good luck! x

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

As usual steph, you bring a smile to my face and a laugh that fills the house! Your little doll is just delightful. I hope that your Etsy shop fills up soon with all these lovely delightful and beautiful creations! I am in awe of your creativity and design! Pippi - go and have that facial - you deserve it! And take Steph! After all, it's nearly Mother's Day xx

moose and bird said...

Oh Steph, you are a wonderful storyteller! You even make having a cold/flu sound interesting! I hope you are feeling better very soon. Have a lovely Friday and I hope you get a gift certificate for a day spa for Mother's Day. You deserve it! xo

Fruitful Fusion said...

I love the fabric that you've used for this cute little doll!

Beck said...

Sorry to hear you are all sick, what a drag! On the upside I am in love with Pippi, she is the cutest, sweetest girl ever. I can see why she has been so loved. Our Sunday has a teddy that she has loved in a similar way, we bought three of them and one by one they have been lost, worn, found, cuddled, sniffed, foofed, snuggled and dressed up. We all love Teddy (as they are called) and it was a great idea getting three. Hope you are all feeling better soon honey, take care xo

Sarah. Splish Splash Designs said...

This post has made me laugh! Poor Pippi. I'm sure she'll love her makeover :)

Kelly Rachel said...

He he! You are too funny. I hope you get left on a train and suffer the perils of a makeover too. ;)
And the Daryl Braithwaite reference! So outta left field! Funny, funny, funny. :D

dash robin said...

what a funny tale...poor pippi and poor you-hope your all back on your feet soon. we have a little dragon called Gus who gets dragged around the backyard and up the steps and loved more than any other toy which has ever entered our house...I hope pippi numbers 2, 3 and ? bring as much joy as pippi 1 so obviously has.

Cat said...

Oh you're too funny Steph!:) What a cutie of a doll you made, I'm sure she's going to enjoy her makeover. Sorry to hear you are all feeling under the weather, hope you get better soon.xo

yardage girl said...

Such a cute little doll - I hope you all get better soon!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Get well soon gorgeous family!! Sending hugs & possibly ice winds from Canberra, brrrr, Winter is coming, love Posie

Megan said...

you do make me smile. i can't believe that was a first attempt at returning to craft - i think she is just lovely, no wonder she is a firm favourite. i look forward to seeing the newly coiffed, preened and primped Pippi!

Mrs Button said...

Oh I do hope you are on the mend soon. I am feeling Pippi's pain and also your concerns re toys of the heart. I went through the sneaky replacing of the toy with child#1 who could tell the difference even in his sleep! Beebs is well loved, not so well washed and extremely precious. I thought you looked lovely on Friday and bore no resemblance to Daryl! Lisa x

My Handmadehappiness said...

loving pippi !!get well soon xx

Wendy said...

How amazing to have made something for your little one that she loves so dearly! I've a habit of obsessing over the things I make for mine, and then being crushed when they're cast off in favor of---what else?---the wrapping! I hope you and Pippi get the pampering you deserve, Steph.

mel @ loved handmade said...

That is such a sweet little doll! I hope you are all feeling well again super quick!

Kathy said...

Sending wishes your way for a speedy recovery! Good luck with the Pippi makeover:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Pippi - leave Steph alone, she's sick! Get better soon to all of you x

Unknown said...

The doll is lovely, no wonder she loves it.
Well done for finding all the same fabrics again. I would say you need to introduce the new doll as soon as possible, so it to gets some loving wear and tear, that way you'll really have two the same.

Kylie said...

Hope that you are all feeling better soon - made it out to the garage sale today and and scored a pyrex pot and a heap of patterns and a few memory games for the kids - I really need to do that more often. Was out the door before anyone was even out of bed.

I have a warning for you on dear Pippi - you will not be able to replicate her - it doesnt matter that she is the same Miss B (if she is like mine) will not go anywhere near her. Talking from experience here! We have a spare pj and he will not be looked at (he even went for a play withthe dog in the hope of ruffing him up, but she knows) Anyway - she is super cut - just dont want you to be making a whole cupboard full and sitting there with no friends and noone to love.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Pippi is precious! We all have the dreaded lurgi here too....its that time of the year :-)

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

She’s adorable! Thanks so much for taking part in our doll drive, can’t wait to see your finished dolly :)
Take care and Happy Sewing,

Sarah
Dolly Donations: Sending Love, 1 Dolly at a Time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...