Friday, May 21, 2010

Le Magasin - { The Shop }


There weren't any minuscule hors d'œvres, nor clinking of crystal champagne glasses filled with Moët. Not one celebrity present (either of the A, B....or heaven forbid, C list category). No PR army coordinating everyones' moves using those funny devices resembling bad hearing aids. Not even a ribbon and big scissors. Just one bleary eyed, slightly neurotic and scary haired me! Yes.....that's right my friends. Last night I finally threw open the doors of my Etsy shop! Please make an orderly queue and no, flirting with the sales assistant will not get you a discount.

You would think with all this hoo ha there would be fifty items listed but rest assured the ten bits and bobs put on so far took more than their fair share of blood, sweat and tears. I know it will get easier but Whoa Nelly talk about fiddly!


Not quite sure what took me so long...perhaps the resizing of bazillions of photos, perhaps typing and retyping descriptions, perhaps measuring length and widths. Or most likely...holding my breath and taking that ever so scary but rather exhilarating first leap into an unknown world. Weeeeeeeee!!


But I'd best run...here comes my first customer. "Good evening Madam! Can I assist you with anything? What's that? Did I once work with Karl Lagerfeld ? Oh, you flatter Madam!"

23 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Delightful! Everything is just ovely, I wish you loads of success, good for you!

moose and bird said...

Hip Hip Hooray! Congratulations Steph! I'm so excited for you. Believe me, it gets quicker and easier as you go. Am going to check out your gorgeous shop now. xo

Kate said...

Fabulous daaahling! Huge luck and lots of shoppers to you. X

Cathie said...

hehee, you make me smile Steph!
yay, well done, so very exciting for you & I can only imagine the work you put into your gorgeous creations.
wishing you all the very best lovely and thank you for always leaving such beautiful comments...♥

Sandra said...

Congratulations! What gorgeous creations! With those you will probably once get some of the celebrities queuing
in your shop! Off to have a close look now...

Cat said...

You're funny Steph! The shop looks lovely Steph. Beautiful choices of fabric and designs of clothing. May your shop be a wonderful success.xo

Baa-Me Kniits said...

A big round of applause to you!! Well done! You are my second blogger that I follow to open an Etsy shop this weekend and the other one lives in Paris ( coincidence ??) .....How wonderful to finally do it and to be able to see your things on the screen for real!! Now you can take a huge sigh and give yourself a big pat on the back. Congratulations and all the best...it is Tres Bon :-) (if that is how your spell it? ) xx

Kylie said...

Congratlations my dear - everything looks great (as all your stuff always does) Best of luck with your etsy venture:)

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations!!! Such cute items.

A'n'G Johnson said...

this is gorgeous!!! And what do you mean flirting won't get me a discount?! haha

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Congratulations, lovely stuff.
Love the roset broaches they are tres jollie.
I have posted your parcel air mail so hopefully you will receive it soon.
Have a lovely weekend.
Luv Sophie xxx

Kathy said...

Congratulations Steph, good luck with your new adventure! So exciting for you, your designs are simply gorgeous. Enjoy the journey ♥

Mrs Button said...

Beautiful, Steph! I notice you are also debuting at Mathilda's in June. What an exciting time you are going to have. Lisa x

Tanya said...

hooray for you, I will pop over for a cup of tea

karlyn Jackson said...

Congratulations on your shop, your creations are stunning, I might have to take a peek!

Jill said...

Congratulations!! Your creations are just beautiful and I wish you HEAPS and HEAPS of sales!! :)

PJ said...

Felicitations and bravo. It is a lot of hard work but now hopefully it will pay off! I love your things, they look beautiful and I'm sure your shop will be a grand success!

Off The Peg said...

Congratulations! Your products look lovely.

Wendy said...

Good for you, Steph---everything is just stunning! I know you'll be racking up the sales...

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh good luck, maybe your little poppet can play shops with you for fun too!! Looks gorgeous, wishing you lots of success, love Posie

Catherine said...

Congratulations Steph, your products look great - I can see how much work and care you've put in (and I can see you've already had a sale - hooray!). Best wishes, Catherine

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

congrats and good luck with your shop!!

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

congratulations! your stuff is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!i wish you all the best in this venture! Can I say again, your stuff is gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...