Friday, October 26, 2012

Market Day


Some final snipping and pinning. A whisker of twine and some brown paper bags. The car is loaded and I am ready for what might be my last Mathilda's Market as mon petit poppet. This marketeering gig has been such a remarkable ride. It has paid for our  fence...and my new found yarn addiction and has kept this stay home Mumma busy and rewarded.

But as I have changed, so has my aesthetic and although the Frenchy fabrics I once fell head over heels for are still beautiful and timeless they no longer speak to me as they once did.  My designs are evolving and in a bid to enter next year with a shiny new slate I am marking down everything in the hope it all goes.  Thank-you so very much for your support over the last few years. I am truly humbled by those who have purchased my wares and am so very thankful for not only the modest income you have provided me but the tremendous sense of achievement that has gone hand in hand.

So to market to market I go....

Steph x

5 comments:

Cat said...

I hope the market goes well tomorrow Steph and you sell lots. I think my sister in law will be there with her stall too 'Sweet Little Moments' I think? Have fun I can't wait to see your new venture. Have a beautiful weekend. xx

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Good luck with the market and your new blog. As a mum to 2 brilliant kids and nanna to 2 gorgeous grandchildren it is a delight to read how you are enjoying your role as mum. I adored my time with my kids and am now lucky enough to be able to carry on with the next generation. Enjoy it, it goes all too quickly.

Elli said...

Hope the market went well. I can't believe how big your babes are! They are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Sammy Kate said...

I have been buying your items for my little Parisian girl since she was in my tummy we brought a few thing this Saturday at the markets and if you have any dresses and stuff left over I'd love to purchase some more :) my email is sammy_kate2888@hotmail.com - hope to hear from you soon

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

oh Steph how was it! hope you sold up all of you wares ready for bigger and better things! Oh this crafty journey is truely tremendous isn't it! It;s nice to freshen things up and make different items, i truely can't wait to see what inspiring delights you tempt us with! hope all is lovely in your home xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...