Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mon Espace Créateur - { My Creative Space }

A hop, skip and a jump ago I waffled on about my impending trip to the caverns of doom. That is the change rooms of the local swim suit shop. Well after loading a toddler into the car (can you now see why I was terrified...I had to take poppet with me too!!!) and driving to the shopping centre, navigating my way through the labyrinth of a car park, assembling the pram and loading it full of Bijou required paraphernalia (read: food, food and more food!) I realised it was all too hard and found a quirky café and shouted myself to a strong machiato and a giant piece of cake to share with my wee bestie. Needless to say I came home empty handed.


Maybe it was the double shot espresso or the sugar rush from le gatêau but I came home with a giant bee in my bonnet madly buzzing in my ear, "You could make some togs!" . I used this pattern and a vintage sheet but had to modify it a wee bit....let's just say that breast feeding a certain someone to 16 months does not a Marilyn Monroe-esque bosom make! I also lined it with swimsuit lining and did a little see through test in the shower so as not to scare the life guards.

I loved how I could tie it in place therefore avoiding peek-a boo-ing any passers by and avoiding that hungry bottom affair that the likes of Miranda Kerr can get away with but us mere mortals fail to do justice. All in all I felt particularly Gidget in my retro beach ensemble and almost felt brave enough to give long boarding a crack. I did say almost.


I do declare that oodles of people have been super crafty this week.


♪ Let's go surfin now, everybody's learning how, come on a safari with me..... ♪



19 comments:

Tamara | One Craftee Mumma said...

I love them! You are so clever!

Maxabella said...

LOVE the togs! If I only had the figure... I would be in them in a heartbeat!! x

Kathy said...

You are just too clever! Love them, I do not believe there is anything that you cannot make when given a needle and thread my dear friend. Have a lovely weekend,
Kathy

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

They are super cute!! Now what are you going to do with all that money you saved by making them?!!

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

Ms Stephanie - I hate to say this AGAIN! I have not sussed out that link, but assuming it is from the notebook magazine - the same bikini pattern that i have downloaded, printed and awaiting some magical inspiration and gorgeous fabric to whip up. Alas my mind has been on crafting a little something for someone's up and coming celebrations. Your togs are super cute and wishing that the two of us can share a double shot espresso soon xx

ps- even our wee poppets share the same taste! my little one has the same swimsuit as little bijou xx

Jane said...

Well, good for you, Steph! You're a lot gamer than me. I last wore a bikini when I was 10 - 30 years ago! J x

Tracey@bountifully said...

You are a nifty one aren't you? Great work, I adore the colour, lucky poppet!

Caroline said...

Hehe - "not to scare the lifeguards" - love it! I think those guys are pretty unflappable, though a girl does need to be sure about such things.

monkeemoomoo said...

I love, love, love these. I wonder if I can do that? just gorgeous!

Sally said...

Awesome!!! So very awesome... and yet somehow disturbing since I recall the very same sheets on my parent's bed when I was a kid.

Wendy said...

Oh, Gidget, how cool are you? I'm beyond impressed, and now I'm jonesin' for some new-old sheets. Hmm...

Corrie said...

gorgeous, loved that pattern! looks great

corrie:)

Screamstress said...

They look absolutely groovy baby! Well done.

eva mei and me said...

Are you sure these are adult size????? they look like they would fit my six year old. Simply stunning - the fabric is amazing - wish I could find sheets like that. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs Button said...

God, love you, Steph! They are very cute and you would look divine on the beach in your bikini. Had I attempted such a task, I would have required a couple of repurposed sails from an ocean going yacht and the girders they use inside the hull of a tanker. You're a clever girl. Lisa x

Anonymous said...

That is just fantastic, you are so creative! Love the fabric, love the design. Well done x

Heidi said...

That suit belongs on Marylin Monroe how fab is that, you amazing!

Megan said...

once again i am marvelling at just how clever you are! bathers would have to be a very tricky and fiddly thing to make and the fact that you are happy with them means you must have done a fantastic job! great idea for a vintage sheet and also a probably a good idea to have done the see-through test in the shower as well :)

MooBear Designs said...

I totally made the same one!! YAY... Well actually my friend made the mock up so we could have matching ones while she was staying here but the mock is is so nice I wear it!! Isn't it just divine??!!

ps Happy Birthday!!

xo Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...